Lip Care in Fall/Winter

There isn't such as 'too many times' when it comes to reminding ourselves on taking care of our skin during autumn and winter. I suffer from dry and irritated lips and hands every winter if I am not too careful. I easily forget or I am too lazy to search for a lip balm in my other bag because I am running late and in this new bag I have nothing for my lips. Story of my life. What is the solution? Get numerous lip balms and throw one in each bag. I am not joking. This is what I have to do if I want to take care of my lips. I have six balms so far and two have a permanent residence in two of my most used bags. 

I never forget to apply some lip cream when I am home though. Right now I am using two balms, one from Labello and the other from Le Couvent de Minimes. The latter isn't very moisturizing and I apply it during the day. When I go to bed, I apply a thick layer of Labello to keep my lips hydrated for a longer period. 

Of course, I cannot emphasize enough that drinking water is important during winter too. It is almost too easy to forget or to not feel the need to drink so much. In the beginning of colder season I have to sternly remind myself of that. If I sometimes don't feel like drinking only water, I switch to natural juices for a while, or my favourite- lemon water (I just slice up a lemon and put it in a glass, filled with water). 

Next thing you can take care of if you need to are home-made lip masks. My still most used trick is a simple jar of honey. I apply a thin layer of honey and leave it on for a few minutes. Your lips will feel smooth and hydrated in an instant. Second thing I like to do is to brush my lips with a (wet) toothbrush. You can do that any time you brush you teeth- that way you get rid of two birds with one stone. You will provide your lips with a scrub that gets rid of dead skin cells which simply loves to pile up, right? That way, you keep your lips regularly smooth which will stop you from biting your lips (I admit, I do that sometimes- it's a bad habit I need to free myself from). 
I hope these tricks were somewhat helpful to you. Please share some of your tips as I'd very much like to read it. 

Have a nice day, 
xx Maja

8 comments

  1. thank you for sharing your skin routine in avoiding it to be dry, great recommendation <3

    Capturing Life Memoirs | aimeebustillo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Predivan post draga! Obožavam labello proizvode za usta. :) ♥

    Novi post -> www.innisall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super kvalitetni su labello proizvodi :)

      Delete
  3. Lip care is an essential in my daily life!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with us your tricks, I always use my lip balm every night before sleep! ;)

    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is essential for me as well :)

      Delete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja