Gingersnap Cookies

Once in a month I upload a random post in category of food, travel or just something completely else. This time I saved a yummy recipe that I cannot wait to share with you.

You’ll need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon gingerbread spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup shortening (or butter)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
¼ cup honey

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Pour flour, gingerbread spice, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture evenly.
3. In another bowl mix egg, sugar, honey and shortening until smooth.
4. Combine both mixtures together until soft dough remains. Take small amounts of dough, roll them into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Leave 2-3 cm (1 inch) free space between each cookie. 
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until they’re slightly cracked.
The original recipe can be found here: Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies

Happy baking, 
xx Maja

Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin and snapchat: majasmuffin

9 comments

  1. Yummy, I love the smell of gingerbread! This recipe sounds absolutely great:) Thank you so much for sharing:)
    xx, Carmen - http://carmitive.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, they look so delicious! I love the way you presented them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. The cookies looks delicious!

    ☆My blog "Demilla". Welcome!☆

    ReplyDelete
  4. so tasty dear;)

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and I imagine they smell just as good! I am allergic to eggs and honey so probably not best for me to try the recipe but I'd love to find a similar one. Definitely craving gingersnaps now.

    Alice ♡ // beautybyalicee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice recipe!!

    Blog: www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it
    Youtube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCq_Aya-v4acfRK4qUYgi6vA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice recipe!Good pics! :)

    ksenijinkutak1.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja